Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Certainty.


I hate to be alone.

What is it about loneliness that is so scary? What is it about loneliness that makes us sad? I'm scared of being alone, I admit. I need company even when I'm walking home.

Perhaps you can say that I'm over depending on people around me, but honestly, what is so wrong about it? Everyone around me knows that I can't be alone, not even for an hour. When we're left alone in a mall, we will painstakingly find things to do to make us feel less uncomfortable. We light up our cigarettes, we plug in our i-pods, we visit the loo once every 5 mins. All these, just to make ourselves feel less weird.

Why do we feel so insecure being alone? What is it about silence that makes people uncomfortable? How is it that we’re a society that places so much emphasis on communication & interaction when we can’t even be near each other without saying a word and not feel uncomfortable?

I guess a lot of people have a lot of things to catch up with themselves don't they? Especially me, cause I don't even spend an hour with myself, and only myself to do some thinking and talk to myself. I think I should spend a day or two sorting out my thoughts.

Perhaps, being alone, isn't that bad after all.

No comments: