Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Trust

Trust

You interact with people all the time, no matter strangers, your friends, your families or your loved ones. At some point of time, through the interactions, you see certain action or statement from them and you'd think to yourself, "to trust or not to trust?". Because one fact that we know, every single human being is prone to lying. Lying to one and another is an inevitable action due to how our minds work. We might lie for our own benefit or lie cause we care about how the other party feel. Whatever it is, a lie, will still be a lie.

Sometimes, when you're being lied to, you feel hurt. Actually, most of the time. My point is, in this world and society, we are prone to meet liars who will hurt us as long as we input our trust in them. So, you might say, I will be less prone into getting hurt if I don't trust people. In my opinion, that's a foolish thinking. I used to trust people a lot, hell lot. Often, I get hurt by faggots who lie even without blinking. I started to stop trusting people but soon I realised, perhaps superficially I have friends, a lot of friends. But, I feel lonely all the time, cause I don't even trust anybody, even my best friends. I doubt people, and arguments and quarrels will eventually arises. I only trusted and believed in myself. But I wasn't happy, even though I didn't get hurt. I felt like I was in an enclosed box, with nobody but myself. I couldn't tell anyone my problems, I have only myself. Eventually, I felt that I was tearing apart. Nobody could handle loneliness for long, even the strongest person in the world.

It was when I realised and in fact, wanted to trust people, wanted to be more prone to being hurt. I didn't feel normal at all because I was lonely, real lonely inside. I went out, met new people and begin to trust them. To me, it's either you have trust in someone or you don't have. There's no such thing as half trusting. Half trusting is just as good as no trust; It's a chore to doubt somebody, to think if they are sincere or their motive behind it etc. You won't feel happy at all and what's worse, you wouldn't even be true to yourself or the other person. As long as I care for you, whatever you do I will be affected. But I've decide to put my trust in people whom I care cause I am sick of doubting people, I will give every one I care my 100% trust. Some of you might find me foolish, but I think it's an easier way to see things. I would rather being hurt by someone occasionally, than doubting someone and inevitably hurt myself daily.

Like I've said earlier, being hurt is one of the process of growing up. It doesn't give you an excuse to not trust people. It doesn't mean that you'd be happier. Because constantly, you will be hurting yourself in the process of doubting someone, people that you love and care for. For an example, when you eat, theres a possibility of getting choke. But you can't let choking to be an excuse for you to not eat. You have to eat, to fill your stomach, to feel satisfied. Similarly, when you trust, there's a possibility of getting hurt. But you can't let being hurt to be an excuse for you to not trust. You have to trust, for the sake of yourself and your loved ones. For yourself to feel satisfied and happy.

Although, we live in a superficial world, it doesn't mean that nothing is true in this world. There are things and people who are true and real. People who truly loves you. Learn to trust and appreciate them. You'd see yourself a happier person, and people around you will also feel more comfortable without the barrier in between. Don't be afraid of getting hurt, it's a part and parcel of life, and your loved ones whom you trust will be there. It will only strengthen bonds and your mentality. Remember, there's two sides of everything. Being hurt might not be all that negative after all.

No comments: