Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Topic of the day: Cocky People 




Tiring day today!
After abandoning the idea of having new extensions, I went to Causeway Point with my boyfriend to study.
Due to a packed Starbucks, I went to a restaurant at the ground floor to study, and just beside me sat two young males, perhaps in their twenties? Which I guessed from their apparently loud conversation that they were students of SIM. Well, I don't exactly discriminate people who used crude languages but I'd not encourage to actually speak in these languages in public.
Enough of moral education, back to the subject.
These two young guy sat in a manner as if they were rich kids, well perhaps they are.
I would like to emphasize that I wasn't eavesdropping, because they were loud.
And the thing that turn me off is that they were both speaking in a manner like they were bosses of companies or something, which they apparently are not.
They were both showing off to each other how wealthy and capable they are.
One of the conversation they exchanged was:

Man A: "Hey you know the xx Company? The profit they earn is like $16 million dollars!"
Man B: "Huh? You mean annually?"
Man A: "Eh, ya."
Man B: "Not a lot what. Big deal." (continue eating)
Man A: "Oh is it." (embarrassed)
*A relatively awkward silence followed*

But what I don't understand is that why bother discussing such issues and showing off when you guys are still students? I mean, don't have to put friends down this way right.
After awhile they left and I swore that I felt that the air there was clearer.

I'm still mugging pitifully. Wish me luck, don't fall sick. 

No comments: